Sunday, February 1, 2009

We Are Not in Heaven Yet!

I recently came across a post that someone wrote about Barack Obama becoming President and their view that nothing will ever be perfect unless Jesus Christ was President.

This got me thinking.

First and foremost, I am a Christian. I read my Bible, I pray, I am involved in Christian community, and I volunteer at church. I am not making these statements to sound prideful or arrogant; however, instead I am making these statements to show that I love Jesus Christ and am committed to serving Him and living my life for Him.

Now this being said I think a lot of people have the wrong view on this life, Christians in particular. I think that a lot of Christians have this view that we are all eventually going to die and go to Heaven and then everything will be perfect, which it will, however, that this means that there is no significance or reason to have Hope or Faith for something better now.

Everyone, Christian and non-Christian alike, has a responsibility to strive for something better in this life. To help others. To want change for the better. To be humanitarians. Caring for someone else other than just you. This is what Jesus did.

Just because Barack Obama has become President, which by the way I think is GREAT, I voted for him, does not mean that every problem is going to get solved or that we will all of a sudden reach this Utopian perfection. Yes that will all happen in Heaven. However, just because he is trying to make a difference, trying to help this country, trying to make a change, does not mean he is trying to replace Jesus. What he is trying to do is be a good steward of what God has gifted him with and that is leadership of this Nation.

So for all the Christians out there in the world who think and say, “Well he is not going to make everything perfect. Nothing will be perfect until I get to Heaven or unless Jesus Christ was President,” you are right.
However,

WE ARE NOT IN HEAVEN YET.

All of us still have an obligation to make a difference in this world. To play our part in this life that God has given us.
That is what President Obama is doing. He is playing his part.
So stop complaining that there are still going to be problems.
Stop complaining that President Barack Obama is not going to make everything better and that only Jesus can do that.
Instead, realize that this is something that is very much needed for this country and that President Obama is helping to do his part right now.
Get out of your bubbles and come to the realization that just because we are saved by grace does not mean that this life loses its importance.
We are all called to be good stewards in this life, regardless of whether or not you believe in an afterlife.

No comments:

Post a Comment